I was going to leave a snarky response in her comments section, but figured in the spirit of Autumn, I’ll do a response blog instead! (It’s like a YouTube video response but with words… Is this a thing? Now it’s a thing.)
Don’t Give a Jam’s Opinion
CANDY CORN IS DISGUSTING
- IT’S JUST totally unappealing. SO waxy & sugary, like eating little flavorless candles. Not a fan, but they do look kinda cute & seasonal.
You leave my deliciously marshmallowy candies alone! How dare you call them flavorless! Candy corn is one of my favorite things to binge in Autumn (now second best to this edible crack). However, you need to make sure you get good quality candy corn. Not just any brand will do. I prefer Brachs.
ICED DRINKS NO MATTER THE SEASON
- I LIKE my caffeine on the rocks, although sometimes I like it hot. BUT I refuse to stop drinking delicious iced beverages JUST because it’s getting colder out. I’ll freeze, I don’t care.
Okay, I’ll give you this. I recently got sucked in to this cold brew obsession that’s going round, and as someone who overheats a lot, having a cold drink while my work office is cranking the heat up to 75 is delightfully refreshing. However, there’s a time and place for warm drinks and that’s once my hands start freezing.
HOMEMADE COSTUMES ARE BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT
- THEY JUST ARE. They’re cuter, more creative, AND less expensive.
I’ll agree with you, but sometimes it’s just too much effort. I’m basically a party pooper in this scenario because I haven’t dressed up for anything since college, so I’m pretty lame, but sometimes it’s so much more comfortable to throw on a onesie and be done with it.
I DON’T REALLY LIKE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES
- THEY’RE JUST not really that great, the flavor is not the one for me. I’ll have like one pumpkin coffee a year just cuz it’s fall, but I’m not gonna obsess over a PSL cuz I’m just not that into them.
I never thought I would fall trap to the flavor that is pumpkin spice, but I have. I don’t really do lattes, but my office fridge is now full of pumpkin spice coffee creamer because my cold-brew-loving self needs all the pumpkin spice before it’s all gone.
IT’S TOO COLD TO GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING
- MORNINGS are getting colder & it’s getting that much harder to drag myself out of bed in the morning. It’s too cold. I’ll get out of bed when my puppy wants breakfast, but I’m not thrilled about the cold, dark mornings.
Autumn is literally my favorite time of year because it’s cold enough in the morning to wake you up, but won’t be so cold that you never want to get out of bed. I use this to my advantage because there have been times I’ve woken up, taken a shower, gotten dressed, and still fallen back asleep. It also helps prevent me from overheating over night. My summers are filled with waking up in the middle of the night, covered in sweat. And there’s nothing better to me than cuddling up with all my blankets on a weekend morning 🙂
So what do you guys think? Are you on Don’t Give a Jam’s side or my side? Or maybe you have your own opinion somewhere in the middle! Let me know in the comments below!