Everyone wants to feel like a princess or queen every now and again, right? What if I told you that you could feel like part of the royal family by doing a few things every day, week, or month? What if I told you you don’t even need to spend hundreds of dollars on lavish treatments or products??
Want to be the next glow up queen? Follow these steps.
Glow Up Routine to Feel Like a Queen
To have your glow up routine turn you into a queen, you need to follow daily, weekly, and monthly routines to make sure you’re in tip top shape. None of these are going to be hard to do and you don’t have to do them all if you don’t want to. That’s the fun of a glow up! However, by doing everything on the lists you’ll be making your life just a little bit better.
Glow Up Queen Habits
- Drink at least 1 glass of water when you wake up: this makes sure that you’re properly hydrated since you just spent the night sleeping and not drinking. Dehydration is serious and can make you feel bad when there’s nothing really wrong with you.
- Have a protein-packed breakfast: having a lot of protein in your breakfast makes it so you don’t snack your way to lunch. Take it from a habitual snacker, all those extra calories haven’t done me any good.
- Snack on fruits and veg: I’m terrible at following my own advice, but these are going to be the best bets for your to stay full and keep healthy. Apples are my favorite but I’m allergic to the skin, so instead of fresh fruit I opt for freeze dried apple slices!
- 30 minutes of exercise: You can choose whatever it is you want to do. If I’m at home I tend to do crunches and baby push ups (not quite ready for the real thing just yet!) and some squats.
- Take a shower: here you can be as luxurious as you want. Break out a bath bomb and take a bath, use that special body wash you’ve been saving. Use that body scrub that’s been sitting around waiting to be used.
- Shave. Do this as often as you like, or don’t like. I prefer the feel of freshly shaven legs against fabric so I tend to try to shave often.
- Body Scrub: Use this only once a week! You don’t want to be overly harsh on your skin, but just enough to get all that dead skin off your body.
- Face/Hair mask: Do this as a treat for your skin and hair. It helps keep everything healthy and beautiful, and makes you feel more like the glow up queen you are!
- Wash your face: you should be washing your face at the minimum of once per day. BUT this all depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin you might want to wash twice a day. If you have dry skin, you might want to just splash some water on your face in the morning and wash later at night.
- Check out my guy Hyram over on YouTube for all the skin care tips you might need. He even has a class on how to determine your best skin care routine.
- Use a double cleanse system! That means using a cleansing oil or cleansing balm first to remove your makeup, oil, and everything else from your skin. Then you can go in with your cleanser. This makes the cleansing more effective.
- Moisturize! Make sure you use a moisturizer when you’re done washing and drying. That goes for your body and your face
- SPF 30+ Before you go outside, for the love of all that is your skin, PLEASE put on sunscreen! It will help prevent early aging, fine lines, and all those things that come with it.
- Keep your nails clean: I don’t know about you, but I hate when I have gunk under my nails. I also like to keep them nice and neat.
- Oil, oil, oil! Use Jojoba oil to moisturize your nails and cuticle s. It’s the closest oil to what our bodies produce so it works best. (At least that’s what Cristine over at Nailological told me!)
- Only file in one direction: Doing otherwise makes it easier for your nails to break. And we don’t need that mess as a glow up queen!
- Glass is best: glass files are the best way to go. You don’t need metal or sandpaper ’round your nails. They’re just incredibly harsh.
- Brush & floss your pearly whites: You want to be queen? Well, you’re going to be smiling a lot, so make sure your breath is fresh and your teeth are clean!
- Keep your space organized: Keeping organized keeps your mind calm. When you’re surrounded by a mess, it’s a lot harder to focus. Every glow up queen needs a proper space! Keep it clean!
- Focus on the positive: If you’re like me, focusing on the positives can be hard to do, but the more you do it the more you feel it. And who doesn’t want to feel positive?? No one likes a negative Nancy, not even Nancy herself.
- Spend time with friends: This can be either online, over the phone, or in person. Staying connected with friends and family is an important part of your day. Staying hermited inside and not talking to anyone won’t do much of anything but make you more anti-social.
- Green tea, please! Green tea has so many benefits and most importantly, tastes good! (at least I think so) I drink it for the fat burning help as well as keeping those pesky kidney stones at bay.
- Walk or run for 15 minutes: This is not the same as your 30 minute exercise you did earlier. No, they can’t be the same. The point is to get both kinds of movement in your day. And besides, who doesn’t like a nice walk?
- Get outside: Going outside has so many benefits. I go into more detail about that in my 8 Things to Do When Depression Hits post that you can take a look at. But overall, we’re part of nature. It’s always nice to get back into it once in a while.
- Journal daily: This can literally be as simple as just writing down your thoughts for the day, what you did, what you ate, etc. Journaling keeps your mind active and alive. It’s also a great form of therapy.
- Read before bed: Not only does this help you fall asleep, it makes sure you’re not near electronics (unless it’s a kindle) and all their blue light that keeps you up at night.
If you like this post or know someone who might like this post, please give it a share! Shares, comments, and likes are what keep this blog running! Thank you! <3
Want to help improve the blog? Let me know your thoughts in the LMSS Subscriber Poll!